Warhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhearts

Warheart - the kinship, on Lord of the Rings Online at Evernight.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOTRO vs WOW

Go down 
+4
Rogonon
Tobitake
Kisame
Alwynn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alwynn
Officer
Alwynn

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-05-27

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 10:34 pm

For me it is like hundreds of reasons to play Lotro instead of Wow. It is not that wow aint good, lotro is just much better in most aspects of the game. Like I love how much more alive the enviroment is.
I like that you dont have to move to an Inn everytime you log off to build up rest in your xp bar. And I love that the classes is what the class should be. I mean, you dont have those talents who makes it impossible to see when inviting to parties whether a tank is a tank, or if it is specialized dps. A tank is a tank. A dps is a dps. And a healer is a healer. I love that.
And the chat system who brought back the real LFF or(LFG) system again is loveable no doubt. Ever since Blizzard invented the LFG application, it were never easy to find a good group.
The Deed system who pretty much replaces the boring reputation system in wow is awesome. You get rewarded in specific ways dependant on what you were doing. Instead of making it all in one repuation bar for a zone and everything you do gives the same kind of reputation. In Lotro you can kill 240 orcs, and get the fit reward for it. And you can concentrate on that specific reward if you need that the most. Its like you can swin across the ocean instead of having to walk miles around to get to the same place.
You can copy-paste the chat, which you can not in wow. Thats a huge plus to lotro.
And must not forget the fellowship bonus abilities, and that you can have up to 6 players ina group (instead of 5 in wow). Makes it more funny to play in groups indeed.
You can see from the map and minimap where imprtant things is. Like you can see questgivers, not only questreceivers from distance. And you can see trainers and all. Removed pretty much all the needs of "asking a guard" thing you had in Wow, which was a stupid thing.
And of course the graphic is beautiful and cannot even be compared with Wow.
In the end, I must say I like the storyline in Lord of the Rings better too, than the very much based upon Lotr Wow story.
Back to top Go down
https://warhearts.forumotion.com
Kisame
Officer
Kisame

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-28

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:25 pm

hehe, not that i have many reasons to but i dont think i gona list them up right now Wink im in a hurry, just for sayin... LORTO ROCKS! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tobitake
Officer
Tobitake

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-06-02

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Lotro OWNS wow!!!! not that i
think wow dont rock ,but LOTRO Rocks more!!!!!!!!!!!!! pirat
Back to top Go down
Rogonon
Officer

Number of posts : 18

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 pm

What? Played WoW for one and a half year, but never found the storyline...where is it?

Besides that I agree.
Back to top Go down
Lulu
Officer

Number of posts : 4

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 pm

I totally agree with the OP, i think LOTRO is better than WOW in most aspects.. But there are some things that constantly annoys me:'

- Some zones have very little or non background music, so all i can hear is me running around hitting mobs.

- Havent find a way to minimize the game, so i have to close the game to check the internet.

- In wow you could just shift-click a player in the chat, and you would see his level, guild and class, havent find a way to do that here.

- I miss the whole faction thingy wow had, where you could attack other players, but i understand that it dont fit the scheme of LOTRO.

This is my personal opinion of this game vs wow.

Cheers Lulu
Back to top Go down
Orogar
Officer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-29

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Oops, wrong message lol.
Back to top Go down
Alwynn
Officer
Alwynn

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-05-27

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 pm

I always listen to winamp, game music never exites me enough Smile

You can minimize the game with alt+tab just make sure to have a second application running, notepad is enough.

You can simply activate the "who panel" in the social, and write /who [name] to see informations about players. Takes more time, but works fine when you get used to it.
Back to top Go down
https://warhearts.forumotion.com
Alwydd
Officer
Alwydd

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-18

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:55 pm

WoW 9/10
Lotr 7/10

Wow 3 years old
Lotr after few months should catch up Wink
Back to top Go down
http://guildwarseurope.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_b
Strydor
Officer
Strydor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-20

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:52 am

Give this game a year and then we can compare it to WoW, as if you remember warcrafts first year it was full of bugs and annoyance with servers going down, And extremely long ques! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOTRO vs WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOTRO vs WOW   LOTRO vs WOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOTRO vs WOW
Page 1 of 1